- That organizations are not problems to be solved, they are energy and capacity to be directed toward solving problems;
- That relationships are the very heart and soul of an organization’s ability to get any work done;
- That the quality of relationship between individuals, and the quality of the relationship that each person has with work can impact organizational performance;
- That each person needs to construct their own relationship with work and prioritize what is important to them;
- That the quality of two relationships impacts organizational performance: the relationship that each person has with their work, and the relationships between people.